London – I’m coming for you. It’s a trip that’s been booked for a while, a quick long weekend over for some early Christmas-y spirit, some theatre, food and friends. But, as my Beauty Addiction is almost a limb for me some shopping is to be done. I’ve got a short amount of time and thus have planned a head, here’s my must check out spots in London for Beauty ’cause it’s gotta happen.
- Selfridges – If there’s one place that’s got it all it must be Selfridges on Oxford Street. The last time I visited I was so overwhelmed with the amount of options available, it made me dizzy and I left with only a Charlotte Tilbury brush. This time around I’m prepared to check out the offerings from Suqqu, Urban Decay and Charlotte Tilbury as well as a pop around the rest of the beauty hall. I advise you to clear some time to browse around or to come prepared with a list of what you want because otherwise things could run over.
what to consider: Suqqu Brushes, Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow, Tom Ford Lip Colour
- Space.NK – If I had a cent for every time a British Youtube mentioned a Space.NK haul I’d be able to buy what ever I wanted there. This place has got everything, from the more niche brands like Oribe to the big ones like Nars you’ll be set. I’m scared of what will happen when I step into a branch as I’m sure to find several more things that tickle my fancy than I expect.
what to consider: Sarah Chapman Liquid Facial Resurfacer, Smith & Cult Nail Varnish, ByTerry Ombre Blackstar
- Topshop – While the main reason for popping into Topshop is the clothing there’s also Topshop beauty to check out. With a huge array of nail polishes, lipsticks and some truly amazing cream highlighters on offer it’s a sure bet that something will catch your eye. Tiptop on Oxford Street also has a BeautyMart concession that stocks some hard to find beauty bits like FairyDrops and Caudalie.
what to consider: Glow Highlighter, Lip Stick, Nail Polish
- Boots & Superdrug – Ah, the British version of a Drugstore but with a bit more. You can find the likes of L’oreal, Bourjois and Seventeen here but there’s also Origins and Chanel. I’m looking forward to picking up some of my favourite UK exclusives from here – Una Brennan’s Vitamin C range, Collection and Soap & Glory. There’s also the Boots No7 line and the Boots Organics range to browse thru. Let’s not talk about the plethora of hair products to check out! I’m sure I’ll step out with more bits than I intend to.
what to consider: Una Brennan Vitamin C Cleansing Oil, Soap & Glory Solar Powder, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
- & Other Stories or H&M – It’s a bit like Topshop, you come in to browse the clothes (or homeware!) and leave with some beauty bits along the way. & Other Stories has some really beautiful body products – the hand cream is ace! They also offer a nice array of makeup products, but I’m rather keen on the body wash and the scrubs. If you’re going for some colour choices H&M is the place with a 700 and something SKU range there’s everything from blushes to liquid lipsticks to eyeshadows in a range of formulas to match the shade range. Packaging is a little flimsy or so I’m told but the product is well worth it’s price.
what to consider: Cream Blush, Powder Eyeshadow, Hand Cream
Have you got any recommendations for me? Something I must check out or pick up? The list is being compiled and let me tell you, it’s begging for an edit.